Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2020

Elijah's Bitter Silence

Elijah's Bitter Silence


Bitter silence
The violin music not heard
The son's voice not heard
Harmonizing with his guitar
The friend's laughter never again
The gentle rhythm of his hands on 
Sore muscles, easing pain
Erased
Straight up murdered
For nothing

Also not heard
Any accountability for this
They did all
According to policy
So it's ok
I do not agree
And I am not silent
I am cacophony
Finally getting a little 
Representation
Listening for those
Wheels of justice
Creaking
In this bitter silence



©️🧿Donna Maurice poem/drawing 2020

"Any man's death diminishes me
Because I am involved in mankind
And therefore never send to know 
For whom the bell tolls
The bell tolls for thee"

John Donne from ' No Man Is An Island'
Devotions upon Emergent Occasions


No comments:

Post a Comment