Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2015


The Ballad of Lenore (Part 6)

A footman bowed, and offered to take
My bags, my cloak and my sword
That I might dine in civilized mien
To keep a weapon, untoward

I surrendered gracefully
Felt and showed no mistrust
To win their aid, I'll win their hearts
Only reasonable common menace be crushed

I sit, Elandon speaks again,
"Does your father know you are here?
It is astonishing you travel alone
And carry the Sword of the Bear."

"My father knows of age, 
And old wounds' agonies
No, he lies insensate
But he entrusted the Bear to me."

"How did your half-brother like that?"
He grinned, obviously well-informed
"He blew up in rage and took to his bottle
Only himself does he harm."

"I'm sure that is what your father intended
When he passed the duty to you.
But to travel our forests unaccompanied
Seems less than wise to do."

(to be continued)
©Kiku Koibito

No comments:

Post a Comment