Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2016


The Ballad of Lenore (Part 21)

What power? thought I, as I climbed the stairs
The sylphs seemed to do as they pleased
Still they'd moved to some of my requests
If I ruled them, I'd bring orcs to their knees

I went up to my room for silence
To meditate, gather my thoughts
To clear my head of worry and fear
It is the victory for Baylen I sought

I sat quiet and emptied my mind
Naught but my breathing occurred
I closed my eyes and stilled my soul
As the sun sank low, not a thought stirred

A knock came upon the chamber door
The darkness had fallen by then
Oriel and Orsen came into the room
"The sylphs are gathering, we must ascend"

At the top of the tower, Elandon stood
His face stern and worried as theirs
The mages five were chanting again
The colors of bright ghosts filled the air

I reached deep inside my calm prepared mind
The sylphs whirled like rainbows of fire
I sent them pictures of the Grimrocks valley
And the orc encampments laid dire

And lo! They moved in that direction
Streaking off into the black night
The mages' voices, louder and higher
Helped send them along on their flight


(to be continued)


©Kiku Koibito poem 2015/2016






No comments:

Post a Comment