Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2016


The Ballad of Lenore (Part 22)


The white sylphlights stayed by the trees
The red, blue and green flew aloft
They were definitely headed to the Grimrocks valley
"You've tamed them" said Oriel, low and soft

"Will you still march to the valley?" asked I
Elandon spoke, "Yes, I have said"
The mages had ceased their chanting
 "Dawn comes early, we must to bed"

Relieved of my armour, I stretched out
Wondering what the sylphs would do
How slowly would the elf army move?
Would the Wakening Bear be in time too?

Soon enough, I fell into dreaming
My father was well and on horse
He bellowed as I came with the Elf King
"You've chosen the most unwise course!"

I rode to him and offered the Bear sword
Then a knock came upon the door
It was Rosephron, dressed to travel
I waked to the true dayworld once more

I quickly suited up with his help
Then made to the stables for my mare
Though barely daylight, fields were crowded
All of the elf lords and warriors were there

Oriel saw me and gestured to her
A place was opened for me
The road was narrow through the mountain pass
Air so cold, our mounts snorted steam



(to be continued)


©Kiku Koibito 2016






2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, +ֆȶօʀʍʏ ֆɛǟֆ! Your encouragement means great deal to me

    ReplyDelete