Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

The sylphs set up a wailing
as I crossed the magic line
The elven keep is strongly charmed
They retreated in the pines

The guardian gatemen were silent
A nod to acknowledge my rank
I made my way across the square
At sight of him, my heart sank

The great arched window framed his form
It was him and no mistake
Elandon knew that I was here
Suffered me for my mother's sake

Generations of my house 
Have called and answered call
My father's father's father
Elandon knew them all

My father would be outraged
If he had but wit to know
I have come to seek the elven king
before the enemies grow

He lies upon his deathbed
the man who gave me his sword
He bid me protect his kingdom
I solemnly gave my word

But Elandon and he had fallen out
No one will tell me why
I've seen the orc camps by looking glass
We need warrior elves, I must try

(to be continued)
©Kiku Koibito


No comments:

Post a Comment