Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Epic Ballad Part 3

The mists were finally parting
The sunken sun glowed gold 
A royal groomsman took my mare
To the stables, from the cold

I shouldered my leathern saddlebags
Bounded the wide granite stair
I hid my wonder at the place
Cared not of disapproval in the air

The castle doors were set in jewels
Swung wide at my approach
The frown of Orsen, his brother and heir
Held nothing but reproach

"So, House of Baylen remembers its kin," he said
"But only when it needs"
"Does House of Elandon remember its kin?" I said
"Or will you let us bleed?"

Orsen ignored the question
"Where are your attendants, Baylen Queen?"
"The High King of Baylen lived when I left."
Lightnings of rage pulsed in my veins

"No offense, brave daughter, truly I am
More than pleased to hear it."
Orsen backpedaled like a courtier
"I saw the Bear Sword, and feared it."

(to be continued)
©Kiku Koibito


1 comment: