Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2015



The Ballad of Lenore (Part 11)

"When were you attacked!?" she asked, aghast
"I was 15. My father saw me walk away
My brother writhing on the floor
Everything changed that day"

"My father could do nothing official
His mother had been a Princess of Llyr
In private, he gave him a stiff beating
After that, Gaston stayed clear"

"And I was sent to Ainsbridge
Five years training as a knight
Every step Gaston sunk, I was raised up
I took to war's arts with delight"

"I thought Father only indulged me
Knowing the wild thing that I am
Never at home in ladies' circles
Now the Bear Sword is in my hand"

"I had always kept hoping
Gaston would straighten up and fly right
He'd been kind to me when I was little
And firstborn is King by right"

"But absolutely, no one but he
Objected to my father's choice
His scandals will be his only legend
All Kings acknowledged me in one voice"

"Everything would be different
If not for the thrice-accursed orcs!
They need a leader now, not Gaston
And I need all alliances to work"

(to be continued)
©Kiku Koibito



No comments:

Post a Comment