Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2015


The Ballad of Lenore (Part 12)

She directed me to the tower stairs
We climbed a very long way
Eight levels I counted, windows throughout
So many bright ghostlights, like day

We came up to the tower roof
I could see their citadel as a whole
Never beheld such  grand dwellings
Made Baylen Keep look like a rabbit-hole

Elandon stood with mages five
All chanting strange-tongued charms
Orsen was there. No one saw us
All eyes turned skyward in alarm

I thought at them "Go to the forest, please"
All the lights whirled into the trees
Then everyone turned to look in surprise
In answer I said, "Yes, they did that for me."

"When I walked the forest with them
They'd back off if I asked them to
My mare was shy, I had to dismount
Leave completely they would not do"

The mages began to all talk at once
I couldn't catch one word
Elandon waved his hands for quiet
"This is Lenore, who holds the Bear Sword"

To me he said " This is Arlen, Rosephron,
Hoven, Haylor and Rod
They weave the magic that's kept us safe
But this many sylphs have them awed"

(to be continued)
©Kiku Koibito







No comments:

Post a Comment